The very first time I made this recipe my mix-in of choice was dried cherries and white chocolate. I was feeling sentimental recently and I had cranberries on hand and the result was wonderful!! There is something about this combination that is perfect. The tartness of the cranberries with the sweetness of the white chocolate- wonderful! I know I’ve posted about scones before, but I love the versatility of this recipe and the colors are beautiful together.
Prepare your dry ingredients…. Flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt….Pulse together in a food processor and then add butter- 6 tablespoons- nicely cubed and chilled!
Transfer ingredients to a large glass bowl. Add liquid ingredients. 1 cup heavy cream and 1 beaten egg….
Mix ingredients gently with a spatula or wooden spoon. Mixture will be sticky.
Place your scone mixture onto a floured board. Knead and form into a disk.
Prepare your add-ins. I love the combination of these two! 1/2 cups dried cranberries and 3/4 cup white chocolate morsels!
Fold your mix- ins into scone dough
Cut the scone dough….
Brush the tops of the scone dough with cream. Bake scones at 425 degrees for 12-16 minutes…. Enjoy!
I made these during the Christmas season and gave them to a friend for her birthday! I saved three scones for me and happened to have some ganache left over from my Triple Chocolate Cake with Ganache and just in case you were wondering…. it was fantastic!!
Lots of exciting things have been happening in my kitchen this week!! I can’t wait to share! More yummy recipes to come!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- In a small food processor, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add butter. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Pour mixture into a glass bowl, add heavy cream and egg. Place mixture onto a floured board. Knead mixture several times and form into a disc. Add in cranberries and white chocolate. Knead several more times until mix-ins are thoroughly incorporated. Cut mixture into equal pieces. Place onto a baking sheet. Brush tops of scones with cream. Bake at 425 degrees for 12-16 minutes.