So… the family had a craving for cookies and I decided to do a little experimenting! I absolutely love the Chocolate Chunk Cookies from Chick-fil-a. We don’t have this wonderful restaurant close by (that’s probably best), so I thought I’d try to make my own. I can’t wait to see what you think! I’m in LOVE!
Every yummy cookie starts with a good amount of butter and sugar. These are fantastic without being overly sweet. Whipping the softened butter before adding your sugars is a little trick to get rid of some of those buttery sugar lumps. Add sugar and mix until creamy!
Add egg and vanilla.
Whisk together dry ingredients….
Add to creamy butter mixture slowly until combined.
Add 12 oz of chocolate chips
and 3 cups of oats! Mix until combined.
Form into balls.
Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
They are seriously yummy! I love to make my dough and just make a half a dozen or so that same day. Then I wrap the dough in plastic wrap to store in the fridge and make some each night. There is nothing like warm cookies right from the oven.
I don’t know what it is, but I have strict personal standards when it comes to cookie texture! This cookie passes the test with flying colors! Crispy on the edges and soft and chewy in the middle. Yum!!… if you like to bake your cookies all in one day, they will keep their amazing texture longer than most cookies I’ve made. But, if they do get too crunchy for your taste… they are wonderful crushed and used as granola over yogurt for a special Mommy breakfast! They usually don’t last long enough for that to happen!
- 1-1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1- 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 12 oz bag chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Add flour mixture slowly to butter mixture. Once all combined, stir in oats and chocolate chips. Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- This recipe is fantastic without chocolate chips as well and would be really nice with white chocolate and dried cranberries! Enjoy!!