There is nothing better in my opinion than a big bowl of pasta, topped with a flavorful sauce, and lots of cheese! It is one of my most favorite things. I decided to try something a little different and I can’t wait for you to try it! I swapped out the pasta for zucchini and it is fantastic… we ALL love it- even the kids!! I’d love to see how this would pair with some mini meatballs or thinly sliced Italian sausage. I decided to use zucchini instead of spaghetti squash because I think the zucchini can hold the sauce better and I love the taste. I only had 2 large zucchinis when I made this. Ideally, for a whole jar of sauce, you should peel 5 medium squash or at least 3 large squash. You will also need a good tomato sauce. I like Barilla, but if the budget allows- Rao’s Marinara sauce is really nice as well. I also like to add some fresh garlic! About 2-3 cloves should do! Using your Julienne Peeler, Peel the zucchini down to the seeds, turn squash over and repeat. I love the pasta like strands- so pretty! Place zucchini linguine into a microwave safe bowl, cover with tomato sauce, add garlic, and drizzle top with olive oil, mix well. Microwave for 5 minutes with cover on. Stir. Microwave again for 3 minutes or until squash is fully softened and sauce is warmed through.
You can top this yummy squash pasta with your favorite cheese if you’d like. I can’t wait for YOU to try this! Perfect for anyone watching their carb intake and perfect for kids who need some creative veggies in their life!
- 5 small to medium zucchini squash
- 1 jar basil and garlic tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- drizzle of olive oil
- Using a julienne peeler, peel the zucchini until you start seeing seeds. Place zucchini linguine into microwave safe bowl with lid. Mix in tomato sauce and garlic cloves. Drizzle top with olive oil. Cover with lid, microwave for 5 minutes. remove from microwave and stir. Microwave for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- *If you do not have a microwave safe dish. You can sautee your zucchini on the stove top until cooked through, add sauce and garlic cloves until warmed through.
- **For this dish, I used the Everyday Pampered Chef RockCrock....