One of my very favorite things to do this time of year is berry picking! Strawberries, Blackberries, Raspberries, and of course Blueberries! Blueberry picking is fun, but it is hard work! In order to have enough for a recipe, you need to do A LOT of berry picking! This recipe calls for 2 cups of blueberries… and this time, we went to the store….. This recipe is sooo very easy and yummy!
First, I started with my dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
Then add in your wet ingredients. melted butter, milk and vanilla…
Wash and dry your fresh berries. I love that blueberry color!!
Mix the wet and dry ingredients, place batter into an 8×8 dish that has been prepared with cooking spray or butter.
Sprinkle the batter evenly with blueberries.
I love that we aren’t mixing the berries in to this batter. It assures that the blueberries won’t be get broken down too much and they won’t sink to the bottom.
Sprinkle the top of the berries with sugar. Bake at 350 degrees for 25- 30 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Serve with fresh sweetened cream as I did or ice cream. This cake is also really good all by itself!
This is a really nice dessert to enjoy in the summer! Can’t wait to do some more picking!! Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add flour, 1/2 cup sugar, salt, and baking powder to a mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Add in milk, vanilla, and butter; stir to combine.
- Spread batter into a greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries evenly over batter.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Serve with sweetened cream or ice cream.