I love this recipe! It is the perfect ending to a fiesta meal! Usually Sopapillas are fried dough balls rolled in a cinnamon sugar mixture. This goes beyond a simple fried dough recipe. And….. it’s baked for easy everyday at home baking!!
As good as this recipe is, I always imagine how to make a dish better! All this dish needs to take it over the top is some dipping sauces! Chocolate, Raspberry, Caramel? Yes please!!
- 1 tube cresent rolls
- 1- 8oz brick cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2tbsp sugar plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon for dredging
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla together until thoroughly combined. Unroll one crescent roll. Place one large scoop of cream cheese mixture in center of dough. Roll crescent and crease edges. Dredge filled dough in melted butter and then into cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.