I added chocolate chips to half the dough and loved the boost of flavor that the chocolate added.
I whisked my dry ingredients together and set aside.
Next I creamed the wet ingredients together: 2 sticks butter- softened, 1 cup superfine brown sugar(simply pulse several times in a food processor until smooth), add in 2 whole eggs and 1 egg white, and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
Dough needs to chill for a minimum of 30 minutes. I placed half of my dough onto wax paper to chill.
I wanted to add some chocolate to the other half of the dough, so I added about a 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. How can you go wrong with chocolate! Yum!
Incorporate the chocolate chips, then pour the dough onto wax paper, cover and chill.
Once dough is chilled, I placed a medium scoop of dough onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Glitter Girl is a huge Star Wars fan! She was so excited to celebrate her favorite characters. Han Burgers for dinner and Wookie Cookies for dessert! I’m already excited to celebrate next year! So much fun!
- 2 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, sifted to make superfine sugar
- 1 egg white
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the superfine brown sugar, pulse the sugar in a food processor until smooth.
- In an electric mixture fitted with a paddle attachment, mix butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add egg white and whole eggs. Mix until incorporated, mix in vanilla. While mixer is on low speed, mix in flour and baking powder. Mix until thoroughly incorporated. Place one half of the dough onto wax paper. Chill until firm. If desired, mix in 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Place dough onto wax paper. Chill until firm. Bake on a cookie sheet for 12-14 minutes.