Can you tell yet that I love all things ROASTED?! To make this flavorful and moist Banana Bread, I roasted my bananas first!! It made all the difference and has quickly become a family favorite! Remember my Roasted Applesauce post? You can see it HERE! Well, roasting bananas is even easier! Absolutely no prep- just put those bananas on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until the peels are black! Baby Monkey Man’s favorite first food was roasted bananas with blueberries! And that stuff went fast in our house because Momma LOVED it too! It tastes like banana-blueberry pudding- but with nothing added! A-mazing!
Here are my Bananas after they have been roasted….yum! 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes!
My bananas are done roasting and the inside is a perfect mushy consistency and still a nice banana-y color- just what you want for your banana bread!
This may sound silly, but this is another one of my tricks to a wonderful banana bread! Grease and flour your pan! I know the spray is easier, but the butter and flour will give the outside of your crust a nice texture and color! I only used a half pat of butter to grease my pan!
Add your dry ingredients: you can make this recipe with a bowl and spoon! No fancy gadgets required! Once you have mixed your dry ingredients together, take the back of your spoon and make a well for your dry ingredients.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and out comes this beautiful loaf! Look at that golden brown crust! So pretty!
Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert onto a wire cooling rack until completely cool. Use a serrated knife to cut into slices to avoid a crumbly slice!
Happy, Happy customers! Monkey Man and Glitter Girl gobbled up a slice right away and have enjoyed it every morning this week with their Winter Smoothies!
This Banana Bread was wonderful all by itself, but just imagine all the mix- in possibilities!! Chocolate chips, blueberries, nuts, peanut butter drizzle! Excited to make this recipe again and even try them as muffins!
Happy Baking and Sweet Dreams!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 roasted bananas
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grease and flour loaf pan; set aside. Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl; make awell in center of mixture. Stir together melted butter, roasted banana, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, and stir until just moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until cake tester comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, invert onto wire rack until completely cool. Cut into slices with a serrated knife! Enjoy!
- To make muffins: Spoon batter into lightly greased muffin pans, filling three-fourths of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees for 19-21 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from pans immediately. Let cool on wire rack. Yield: 20 muffins
- ~Cooks tip: During the baking process if the top of your banana bread is getting to brown for your liking, place a piece of aluminum foil over the top and continue baking until the bread is fully cooked.