I wish we could do what they do in Katroo. They sure know how to say “Happy Birthday to You!” In Katroo, every year, on the day you were born They start the day right bright early in the morn When the Birthday Honk-Honker hikes high up on Mt. Zorn and lets loose a big blast on the big Birthday Horn. And the voice of the horn calls out loud as it plays: “Wake Up For today is your Day of all Days!”
We are so excited for this day every year! Usually we have lots of laughs over our Green Eggs and Ham for Breakfast! This year we picked a different book to snack from! “Hop on Pop” is a new favorite in our house. We decided to make some POP-corn and give it a sweet twist with white chocolate and rainbow jimmies!
You can ABSOLUTELY use microwave popcorn for this recipe. I didn’t want to use a buttered popcorn, and this is how we pop the corn at our house so I went with it. This is the Stovetop Popcorn Popper we use. This amount of popcorn made 2 sheet pans of popcorn.
Meanwhile, Melt your white chocolate in a double boiler. You can use a microwave, but i prefer a double boiler to prevent the chocolate from seizing (burning and becoming chalky) Pour the your popcorn on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper.Drizzle the melted chocolate over the popcorn.Sprinkle with Rainbow Jimmies! You need to complete this step while the chocolate is still melty…So pretty!!
Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! I think even Mr. Knox would eat this creation!
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels OR 1 bag of microwave popcorn!
- 1 bag white chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup rainbow jimmies
- 1. Pop your popcorn using a Stovetop Popcorn Popper or just use Microwave popcorn of your choice.
- 2. Once popcorn is done pour into a bowl and salt.
- 3. Pour out the popcorn onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper
- 4. Drizzle the melted chocolate on the popcorn
- 5. Sprinkle the rainbow jimmies on the popcorn
- 6. Let sit until set (usually around 15 minutes)
- 7. Break up into pieces and enjoy!
- This popcorn will stay fresh for up to 3 days stored in a airtight container or a zip top bag!